May 1, 2016

BIRTHDAY LETTER FOR MY BESTFRIEND

                       

To my dearest best friend,

You may age another year, but age is just a number. You look younger anyway heh
I honestly don't know what to say when I thought of writing this letter to you.
Sorry if I posted it through my blog, it seems very personal for the both of us
but I thought that making videos, posting your picture on Facebook/Instagram
and sending you my birthday message through text is so 2010. LOL
Everybody is doing it so I figured I will make it different this time.
So, to make it special and memorable, I'm writing this birthday letter to you
on my blog. (Nobody probably reads my blog so it'll be just me & you who'll
get to read this.)

On this special day, I want you to know that however you celebrate it,
with me there or not, or with the people you love most,
I will always be there with you. Not physically maybe, but I am there.
I know we rarely celebrate each other's birthdays together and I'm sorry
for that. I promise one day I will make it up for all your birthdays that I've missed.
Eh we promised each other that we'll travel someday, 'di ba? 
Malay mo one day we'll get to celebrate our birthdays in Paris
or in New York. TOGETHER. ;)
We just need to keep grinding! haha
Anyways, I also want you to know that I'll always be thankful
kasi even though we had a 'gap' in our college years, (we didn't
talked about it verbally but I think we both know we had) because we rarely
see each other back then except for the days na sabay tayong may pasok at
walang class at sabay pa tayong uuwi.
I will never ever forget the first day of  school, college na.
We were not in the same section so I was alone.
I was crying kasi I was so anxious and scared to go to school alone
and then tinawagan ka ni mama, nagkita tayo sa Munoz. Sinamahan mo ko.
We went to school together and then I felt better.
I don't know if you still remember that but I will always be thankful
for that moment because I literally had your back and your shoulders to cry on.

And if best friends get to marry (not in a weird way), yung vows na sinasabi
nila it also applies to us eh. Look:
"I, Raphaelle Gjanelli Manalastas, take you, Mikaella Ramos,
to be my best friend forever, to have and to hold from this day forward,
for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, 
in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish,
from this day forward until death do us part."
(Hope this isn't weird for you haha)

But yeah, I think it applies to us, too. Except ours will be like:
"Through jejemon days and glo'd up days,
through thick icing cake and caesar salads,
through fuck boys and good boys (or none at all),
through fangirling over Justin Bieber even if you're not an avid fan like me,
and even after death, if we believe in reincarnation,
we'd still be best friends."
Because we actually grew up together. 

Bhez, thank you.
For always making me happy (or making fun of me jk! haha)
For being my clown sometimes, which is ironic because you're scared of clowns lol
Even though we barely talk, with just one message, you're there.
so thank you for always being there for me. 
And you know that you can always count on me.
Sabi nila walang forever, pero alam ko satin meron :)

So to the bestest friend anyone could ever have,
happy happy birthday. I love you.

with much love,
Aiel

No comments:

Post a Comment

< > Home
GJANELLI 2018. Powered by Blogger.
GJANELLI © , All Rights Reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Sadaf F K.