Jul 11, 2018

Life Lately: An Update On Life

You know that feeling when you're inspired and you don't want that feeling to go away because it feels great?

Hello, again! I'm sorry I haven't updated in 4 months. You know me. I wish I could say that something huge happened but no, nothing much happened... Okay, I take it back. Actually, a lot has happened. Life changing moments; Beach trip. Another year to live. More life realizations. Another chapter in life has started. Doors closing, windows opening. Friends leaving. Beginning of new friendships. Friendships rekindled. New music preferences...
One of the reasons I didn't update is because my laptop charger broke. I bought a new one, but not the original. I couldn't afford a 5k worth of charger :( So I opted for the PHP850 one. Well, since it's not original, as expected, it somehow affected the speaker of my laptop. And soon probably will affect the battery so I rarely use my laptop now until I get a job and buy an original charger.

About not having a job yet, well, I only started job hunting this month. Yes, I know, I should've started a long time ago but I was scared. It's hard to explain but long story short, music inspired me to go start the job hunting. So here I am, a few days after doing it, still waiting for that call. Still praying that someone will call because I really need a job. I want to get into more of what happened the past few weeks regarding this topic but I think I will write that in another blog post. I'm just here to update you that yes, I'm still alive. Haha!

Besides updating, I'm writing this because of this new music group I'm supporting. I was introduced to them a day after my birthday. Ever since then, I've been happier than how I was before it happened. I still get those sad moments but now they're tolerable because of them and their music. 
This is SEVENTEEN, the K-Pop group that caught my heart instantly. For me, they're not just an idol group. I'm honestly glad that they're the first K-Pop idol group that I supported. No regrets. I fell in love with them and their music immediately. So here's the story about how I got to support this group. Last April, my best friend, Ica, came over to celebrate my birthday with me. We were in the living room and she asked me if she could watch Youtube videos on our TV. Of course, I said yes. She's been a K-Pop fan since forever so I knew that she was gonna watch her idols on Youtube. Back then, she was a new fan of SVT, too. Our college friend introduced her to them. And since Ica's been asking me to listen to K-Pop music before, she asked me again to watch SVT's videos with her. We watched their videos from variety shows to music videos but there's this mv that got me hooked. It was because of the music, I guess. The title of the song is Don't Wanna Cry. (Check it out!) And the rest is history. I'm not really good at explaining or what but I hope you get what I'm trying to say. LOL Since Justin has been MIA for almost a year now, I think I missed fangirling. I missed the excitement it gives me, the sleepless nights of waiting for comeback updates, listening/watching live streams of performances/concerts, STAN TWT YAS, making new friends on Twitter, reading fics ;)

You know that feeling when you're inspired and you don't want that feeling to go away because it feels great? That's how I feel right now. Actually, they're the ones who inspired me to finally start job hunting. I was jealous of all the other fans buying merch and going to their concert and I wanted that, too. I wanted to see them in person. I wanted to personally thank them for being my ray of light in the dark moments of my life. But of course, that's a long shot. Maybe someday, I will be able to do that. I've only been a fan for over 3 months now, but I will never ever forget them and their music and how they helped me get through tough times. :) Special shoutout to my best friend, Ica, for introducing me to them! 

So yeah, I guess that's it. I'm gonna write another blog post about the other stuff that happened. I just wanted to update you about this since I haven't been posting about my music preferences. :)

Much love,
Gjanelli

No comments:

Post a Comment

GJANELLI 2018. Powered by Blogger.
GJANELLI © , All Rights Reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Sadaf F K.