Mar 17, 2016

GETTING INTO PHOTOGRAPHY

I've told you guys countless times before on other posts how I love photography so much but I didn't explain much further how I'm progressing with my photography skills or if I'm not at all. So I'm gonna talk about it more on this post. First, let me share with you a few quotes that I know I can relate to or agree with.

"The Earth is art, the photographer is only a witness." - Yaan Arthus-Bertrand

"Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever, it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything." - Aaron Siskind


"A good photograph is one that communicates a fact, touches the heart, and leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it." - Irving Penn


"A good photograph is knowing where to stand." - Ansel Adams



Honestly, I don't remember the first time I started getting interested in Photography. But I think it was by the time I started using Tumblr. I follow some people who were reblogging super good photos of nature, portraits, landscapes, etc. It caught my attention so I got interested. Papa bought our camera (Canon 60D) back in 2010/2011 but I didn't learn how to use it immediately. There are a lot of buttons and settings and whatsoever. I guess I became lazy before because every time I try to use the manual setting, my photos won't turn out good or the way I want it to. I was devastated so I gave up. I would even read or google how to use it the way professionals do but I couldn't just get it. So, I stuck to using my phone instead. Until now.

Well, I can't say that I'm good at taking great photos using our camera but I can say that I've learned a lot and I'm better than I was before. I really try my best to learn and apply it. A few weeks ago, I was googling about beginner's photography until I found Josh Dunlop's blog about photography - www.expertphotography.com. I'm learning a lot from him compared to what I've learned before and I even started taking notes! If you're interested in Photography like I am, I suggest you check out his blog. 

Okay so I told you that I'm learning a lot but I haven't gone out to really try what I've learned. I know this is not an excuse but I've got no one to go with but I most probably will this coming week since my cousins will be available so I invited them to go with me. I told them we'll be having a photowalk/photoshoot and that they're gonna be my models. But honestly, I prefer taking photos of nature & landscapes than portraits but I think it's also a good start if I take portraits. 

Here are some of the photos I took using my phone: (post-processed on VSCO)
The most favorite thing I take photos of are skies/sunrise/sunset.

And here are some photos I took using the dslr: (post-processed in Camera Raw of Photoshop or the raw image processor of the dslr)
I've also learned that I should start taking photos in RAW. So I can edit them in the future and anytime I want. And I should put credits on my photos next time.

They may not be the greatest photos yet but according to Henri Cartier-Bresson, "Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." Maybe he means it takes a lot of practice, trial and error to get the photography effect that you want or will satisfy you. But every time you try and fail, your skills just get better and better and it's an experience. I think that's what's important. The journey is more important than the destination because that's the part where you experience everything. And I still have a lot that I need to learn or focus on.

Now that I'm starting and trying at Photography again, I can say that I'm finally happy. It's the thing I love the most about me. My passion about Photography. It's the feeling it gives me whenever I see a great picture and it makes me inspired to get out and try again every time I fail. So I thank God for the inventor/s of Photography.

What about you? What is your passion in life?

No comments:

Post a Comment

< > Home
GJANELLI 2018. Powered by Blogger.
GJANELLI © , All Rights Reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Sadaf F K.